Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Idle hands...

There's got to be some sort of equation that can explain why the more time a person has on their hands, the less they actually get done. Something like:

TA (time available) * WR (work required) = ??? (well, I'm no mathematician. Suggestions?)

But seriously, this really is a problem, isn't it? It can't just be me, right? I've been at home for a week, plenty of time to do the dishes that have been piling up, to wash the clothes in my overflowing laundry basket, to organize the stack of books sitting in the middle of my floor. And yet? Strangely, I've done none of it. Instead, I've been watching far too much tv, reading a lot, and catching up on sleep that I went without for a couple of months when I was worrying over the state of my job and what the hell I was going to do next. Noble pursuits all, but I was hoping I'd have more to show for my time off.

So, without an equation to prove I'm doing nothing wrong, I'm faced with having to actually do something about it. Starting now, I'm going to turn off the tv (there's no curling to keep me glued, and it isn't sweeps, so there is no excuse) and put music on in the background. Nothing says scrub the kitchen sink and sort laundry into piles like Basement Jaxx.

Update: Well, I've organized the bathroom and scrubbed my tub. Victory is mine!

No comments: