Monday, March 12, 2007

Aren't sections supposed to make things easier to find?

Punk rock: rock music marked by extreme and often deliberately offensive expressions of alienation and social discontent. - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Can someone please explain to me how in the hell The Weakerthans are considered 'punk'? I don't really have a point here (other than to complain) but it seems to me that if you are going to go to the trouble of splitting your music store into categories, as opposed to the less complicated alphabetical order, you should have the categories make, um, what's the word I'm looking for here, oh right, sense. I'm not going to look for The Weakerthans in Punk, so why put them there? If I'm looking for Tony Bennett, should I head to the Electronica section from now on? Yeesh.

No comments: