Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Is left is the new right?

So I'm taking a cab - again, yes I know, I have a problem. I'm working on it people, but this addiction is harder to break than heroin. At least I assume it is. I'm guiding the cabbie through the winding side streets of west Toronto, and I tell him to turn right at a stop sign. So what does he do? Of course. He turns left. When I repeat that I wanted him to turn right, his response was "Oh, yeah, too many right turns". Can someone explain to me in what world that actually makes some sort of sense? I could understand if I'd asked him to go left, and because of all the right turns we'd been making, he went right instead, but this whole "So many right turns so I went left" thing is beyond me. Am I missing something?

2 comments:

The Stormy Diva said...

Well, I guess if you take too many right turns, you'd end up in a circle?!? The thing is, Toronto cabbies can barely grasp basic communication, let alone geometry.
I've stopped tipping cab drivers because they're all idiots.

Table Mabel said...

Oh, I didn't even mention the best part. He locked the door and couldn't figure out how to unlock it so I could get out. It took him three tries. Mensa is obviously missing a member.