Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is this someone's idea of a joke, or did I piss someone off?

Because if it is a joke, it sure ain't funny. And if it is punishment for something, whatever I did, I'm really, really, REALLY sorry.

Today I was assigned to a group for a major project, worth roughly 40% of my advertising class mark. And like most groups fabricated by the prof, it is just super. Amongst my group members? One of the douchiest, least scholastically-apt, Fratty McFrattersons I've run into since I've been back at school. Possibly since ever.

Don't believe me? Here are some of his classics from last year:

"Sir, I think I should be exempted from this test today because I honestly thought it was next week. Based on everything in our notes, and what you've said, the test is next week" (note that in the syllabus it clearly stated the test was to take place the week of October 1st, and that the week before, the prof wrote on the board "Test on Oct 2nd - Next Class.")

"Girls call each other sluts all the time, but when I do it, they get mad."

"I wasn't late, I was here on time sir. My foot fell asleep."

Oh baby, it is going to be one hell of a long, bumpy ride.

*** Update: the email address Fratty gave me bounces back any mail I send. Grrrr.

No comments: