Sunday, October 14, 2007

It's that time of year again

The weather is cool (today, at least) and it is getting dark earlier and earlier. And you know what that means. That's right boys and girls, it is time for another season of Saturday night social curling. Try to contain your excitement.

Last night was the first game of the year. And in a nice change of pace from last year, I didn't have a panic attack about forgetting how to play. That doesn't mean I was any good though. I still managed to smash my knee (glad to see I haven't forgotten how to do that) but shockingly, my weight was lighter than usual, so my rocks weren't careening through the end of the sheet. Before I get too excited about that, I'll wait and see if I can duplicate that next week.

Oh the game? We won, so we're 1-0. Break up the team!

No comments: