Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Weekend Curling Update

I know you've all been breathless, a twitter with anticipation, waiting impatiently to hear what happened in Saturday Night Social Curling this week. And who could blame you? I don't want to say the fate of the world hangs in the balance, but I think we all know it does.

So without further ado, here's the curling recap for y'all.

Your valiant heroes took on team R (for Ridiculous, why even try?) and mid way through the game, yours truly was asked to make a takeout shot. And being the excellent curler I am, I did take out a rock. Actually, I'm being modest. I took out two. Unfortunately, they were both ours. That's right, with two team R rocks for me to take out, I managed to knock out ours instead. But, I took it pretty well. Instead of throwing my stabilizer, and cursing a blue streak (which I totally have never done. Honest.) I simply informed team R that now that they had seen my work, if they wanted it to continue, they needed to pony up some cash. They considered my offer while they threw their rock. Then it was my turn again, and they still hadn't gotten back to me. So I did the only thing I could do. I threw a perfect takeout and removed two of their rocks and had my shooter freeze nicely to the one that remained. Again, instead of rubbing my awesome domination in their faces, I simply stated that they hadn't gotten back to me so I was forced to assume they weren't interested.

After that, they didn't put up much of a fight. We won 8 - 1.

I'm not quite sure why this new found sense of maturity and good sportsmanship has overcome me, and I'm hoping it won't last. More than the actual victory, I enjoy the taunting. I want it back.

No comments: